Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

NRA reloading course

Has anyone here taken the NRA Metallic cartridge reloading course? If so, is it worth the $75? I’m not completely wet behind the ears as far as reloading goes, but I sure don’t have all the answers either. There’s a class coming up in my area and I’m wondering if it’s worth the time and money.

Title
    Premium Member
    I've been loading since 1996. If there was one close and i had the money I'd probably go. I figure i might learn something i didn't know.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EUDE75 View Post
    I've been loading since 1996. If there was one close and i had the money I'd probably go. I figure i might learn something i didn't know.
    im kinda thinking along those lines. I consider myself to be pretty competent, and I’m sure I can figure out the things I NEED to know through research, trial, and error. However sometimes it really pays to be able to learn from and pick someone’s brain who has way more experience.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mightysmurf8201 View Post
    im kinda thinking along those lines. I consider myself to be pretty competent, and I’m sure I can figure out the things I NEED to know through research, trial, and error. However sometimes it really pays to be able to learn from and pick someone’s brain who has way more experience.
    Exactly. When i started there wasn't an Internet and all I had to go on was my Lyman loading manual. The only people i knew that relaxed was a cpl crotchety older guys that didn't like being bothered by a younger guy.

Title
    Administrator
    I used to teach hundreds of people a year to reload here in WA.
    I have thought about doing like a live video chat before, but just haven't had the time.
    The knowledge we have already on the forum, and will continue to add, will be priceless.
    Always feel free to ask anything, as there are tons of others who have the same questions, and we can "Log" the answers here for a lifetime

Title
    Premium Member
    Honestly this is the best forum created for reloaders of old and newcomers. Thanks again Wes.

Title
    Premium Member
    The Land of the Free Because of the Brave
    Any learning opportunity is a good thing as long as the instructor knows the subject. Since it is the NRA class you will be presented solid information based on fact rather than having an instructor that "does it this way because grandma's second cousin's next door neighbor did it this way".
    Nemo me impune lacessit

Title
    Premium Member
    I took it and my opinion its definitely worth it. It was hands on in the calibers I would be loading. To have someone there to answer questions and not just show you how but also tell you why was worth it.

Title
    Premium Member
    Honestly it wouldn't hurt for some of us that have done it for years to take that course. We might learn something new. My thought is you should learn something new every day. Once you stop learning then you've become an insufferable know it all.

Title
    Premium Member
    I am fairly old, been doing it a long time. Dad started me reloading early too. I like learning new things, but since I don't foresee shooting in any National Matches due to me being cheap and unwilling to spend a lot of $$$ to get places and for hotels when I could buy guns and gun stuff instead..... I know all I need to. Lots of resources out there today. I use Youtube all the time for breakdowns of new firearms, etc. Pretty good resource till all firearm related stuff is banned electronically like they want to do with that new bill. Two heads are better than one also. You can always bounce something off a fellow reloader.